Blinker

Sunday, April 4, 2010

Three words said too often-or not enough...

Thinking about Easter...I just enjoyed an amazing dinner with about 25 of my family members. I am so thankful for the wonderful family and friends I have and what joy they bring into my life. I'm setting a personal goal for the next two months; I want to write a personal letter to each of my siblings. Something that would summarize everything they mean to me, so that (heaven forbid) if I were to leave this life early, nothing would be left unsaid. They would know exactly how I felt about them and how grateful I was for them and the presence they have in my life.

I wonder how the world would be different if we all wrote a letter to our friends and family...expressing our gratitude. "I Love You" is probably the most overused and underused phrase in the English language. We need to say it more often when it matters, and not use it in trivial ways that makes it dull. I want my friends and family to know that I love them, and I'm going to do it on paper. Yes, the old fashioned way, dare I say it ... handwritten! Okay, so maybe I'll type it (much faster) but I will definitely print and use snail mail! We don't get enough opportunities to write to each other...I hope this helps inspire others to do the same. Let's change the world around us one letter at a time!!

No comments:

Post a Comment